Hyperdrive Massacre or HDM is an 80s inspired arcade fragfest in Spacewar sauce designed around local multiplayer, focused on kinestetics, tactical and shooting skills at a very high pace.
Players take control of a space cadillac shooting all sorts of lasers, dropping mines and raising bullet-deflecting shields, in a single-screen wrapping arena with no friction. By competing in all game modes, players are able to unlock more cars and arenas.
Hyperdrive Massacre is best played on a couch. Although its content is family-friendly, it also makes for an excellent drinking game and opportunity to thrash your friends!
- 8 unique battle arenas
- 16 spaceproof muscle cars, each manned by its own crew
- 9 instant power-up weapons, each allowing for a truly different playing style
- 6 game modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Death Race, Space Soccer, Last Man Standing and Pong
- Local Multiplayer up to 4
- Challenging AI for solo play
To see some gameplay check out the announcement trailer –
There is no release date as of yet, just a guideline of Q2 2015 which should mean its coming soon. When we have anymore details we will be sure to let you know.