Xbox One owners are about to receive a pile of great new indie games.
At GDC 2015, Microsoft revealed a list of new indie games headed to Xbox One.
Some of these titles have already released on other platforms, so it looks like Microsoft has really relaxed the parity clause of ID@Xbox – or perhaps made special arrangements with the developers. In either case it’s great news for Xbox One owners.
Here’s a list of ID@Xbox games that Microsoft says are in the works for the Xbox One, including some that are exclusive to the console. Get ready because this is a very, very long list:
- Bedlam (RedBedlam): Based on the novel by award-winning British author Christopher Brookmyre, this is a shooter for everyone who remembers gaming in the ’80s and ’90s!
- Beyond Eyes (Team17): How does a blind person navigate the world? This unique title might give you some sense of what it’s like to live in a world without sight, as you control a young girl in search of her lost cat.
- ClusterPuck 99 (PHL Collective): This competitive sports game features eight-player local competitive action.
- Cuphead (Studio MDHR): A run-and-gun adventure, with plenty of 1930s style animation to keep things interesting! It will make its console debut on Xbox One!
- Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Snowcastle Games): An exciting, nonlinear role-playing game.
- The Flame in the Flood (The Molasses Flood): A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. It will make its console debut on Xbox One.
- Fortified (Clapfoot Games): An exciting new take on action-strategy games that combines shooter, real-time strategy, and base defense mechanics.
- Game 4 (The Behemoth): One of the weirdest turn-based strategy games you’ll ever play, with plenty of The Behemoth’s unmistakable style.
- Goat Simulator (Double Eleven): You are a goat, and you are on a rampage. What more do you need to know? More goat to the people!
- LA Cops (Team 17): This top-down strategy shooter celebrates everything awesome about ’70s cop fiction.
- Magic the Gathering: F2P (Wizards of the Coast): The world’s most beloved collectible card game goes free-to-play! It will make its console debut first on Xbox one
- Mighty No. 9 (Comcept): This Kickstarter darling is the brainchild of acclaimed developer Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man. True side-scrolling perfection!
- Pixel Galaxy (Serenity Forge): It’s one heck of a hectic shoot-’em-up, inspired by Katamari Damacy. Grow, make friends, and survive together!
- B.I. Baseball 15 (MLB.com): The legendary Major League Baseball franchise returns with fresh game modes, authentic ballparks, improved animations, and deep stat-tracking.
- Rivals of Aether (Dan Fornace): This fighting game challenges you to uncover the elemental mysteries of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.
- Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage): Guide a young ninja on his journey to seek the teachings of the last remaining ninja master as he embarks on a quest for revenge.
- Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games): Steel thy shovel! The amazing retro sidescrolling adventure is coming to Xbox One!
- SMITE (Hi-Rez Studios): The next evolution in multiplayer online battle arena space. Assemble your team, choose your hero, and destroy your opponents. Stay tuned for details on the Xbox One beta, coming very soon!
- Submerged (Uppercut Games): You’re trapped in an ancient, half-submerged city, with next to nothing. Explore the flooded cityscape and scale its buildings in a fight to survive!
- Super Dungeon Bros (React! Games): A multiplayer dungeon-crawling extravaganza with a rock music theme. Get your bros together and get ready to rock out!
- SWORDY (Frogshark): In this multiplayer physics brawler, you will hit your friends until they explode. You really have to see this one to wrap your head around this craziness. We’re pleased to say Swordy will debut first on Xbox One.
- The Sun and Moon (Digerati Distribution and Marketing): It’s a platformer with a twist: You can dive into the ground, reversing your gravity while conserving your momentum. Winner of the Ludum Dare 29 competition!
- ZHEROS (Rimlight Studios): This 3D action brawler – set in an alternative future universe – is rife with engaging combat and outrageous characters.
Microsoft has also provided a list of even more upcoming ID@Xbox games, including:
- inXile Entertainment’s Wasteland 2,
- A Crowd of Monsters’ Blues and Bullets
- David Jose Lourenco Amador’s Quest of Dungeons
- Grande Games’ Commander Cherry’s Puzzled Journey
- 34 Big Things’ Hyperdrive Massacre and Red Out
- Little Green Men’s Starpoint Gemini 2
- Pewter Game Studios’ The Little Acre
- Space Dust Studios’ Space Dust Racers
- Tick Toc Games’ The Adventures of Pip
- Digerati Distribution’s Paranautical Activity and Slain
- Drop Dead Interactive’s Gear Gauntlet
- Hitcents’ Draw a Stickman: Epic
- Team2Bit’s Reagan Gorbachev
- Lince Works’ Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows
- Makin Games’ Raging Justice
- Noble Whale’s Grabbles
- Torch Games’ Run
- Vertigo Games’ World of Diving
- Maestro Game Studio’s Luna’s Tale: The Curse of the Forgotten Doll
- Unruly Attractions’ Standpoint
On top of all those game announcements, Microsoft has also updated its official Xbox YouTube channel with over 30 trailers featuring many of the games on those lists.
Comment below if there are any games you want more information about and our team will be happy to do all the research for you.